Key responsibilities include:
- A lead role in pre and post-award activities for the UB IAD and NSF AI Institute awards, planning and implementing the budget for the UB IAD and NSF AI Institute awards, as well as related grants. This includes planning and implementing project budgets and involves a wide variety of collaborations with UB Faculty and external faculty and other collaborators as well as sponsors.
- Managing grant-related appointments for students, postdocs, summer faculty positions, etc.
- Assisting with IRB paperwork and sub-award-related communications
- Managing allocations and eligibility of expenses which requires a hands-on role in all levels of procurement and human resources management.
- Managing reporting and compliance timelines throughout the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Managing procurement for IAD related projects on varying funding sources.
- Assisting with special projects and unit initiatives, as required.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
Note: This position may be eligible for a flexible work arrangement.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.