Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Patient Financial Coordinator - School of Dental Medicine
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. The Medical and Dental Billing team, along with other members of the Finance and Administration team, supports the financial management and administration of the dental school. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager and works closely with school clinics it supports: Clinic Billing Operations, Dental Faculty Practice, Craniofacial Pain and Sleep Center, Oral Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Tufts Dental Facilities.
Clinic Billing Operations (CBO) supports patient care services billing for the Pre-doctoral, Postgraduate and Specialty clinical treatment areas of the School, as well as any needed billing support for IRB clinical study patients and maintaining CITI certification. The Postgraduate Clinics (residents) are the Specialty Clinics, which includes: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Pedodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, AEGD and Geriatric Dentistry.
What You'll Do
Our onsite patient-facing Patient Financial Coordinators play a vital role in the Dental School’s revenue cycle management and have a direct impact on the clinic’s financial and billing outcomes success.
Clinic Billing Operation’s Patient Financial Coordinator:
- Ensures timely and accurate entry of patient demographics, insurance information and self-pay financial/collection aspects to enhance and secure frontend collections.
- Ensures patients understand their financial responsibilities by reviewing/reconciling accounts and explaining/answering any/all financially based service inquiries.
- This position’s role and responsibilities are deadline driven and requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Is responsible for ensuring that scheduled and planned treatment meets insurance eligibility, benefits, limitations and coverage guidelines and that all applicable waivers are obtained prior to treatment.
- Obtains and tracks all requested, necessary and/or required pre-treatment forms.
- Follows up with insurances, residents, patients and internal teams.
- Documents/updates all actions/contact in patient accounts.
- Ensures patients accept, sign and fully understand their financial responsibilities and pay their deductibles, co-insurances, co-pays and non-covered services fees/charges in full, prior to services’ completion.
- Answers eligibility and benefit coverage inquiries.
- Communicates with residents, frontend, healthcare providers and insurances to ensure required standards are met and compliant and when applicable, makes recommendations for resolutions.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree/Associate’s Degree preferred OR High School degree/GED and 1-3 years of proven compliant dental/medical healthcare financial, treatment planning or billing coordination, with insurance benefits, eligibility, limitations and guidelines.
- Must have exceptional EQ (emotional intelligence) and be customer service focused (internal and external), with excellent communication, attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of pre-claims requirements for dental/medical insurances, insurance processes, billing/healthcare compliance and insurance guidelines, rules, regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of prior authorizations, insurance verification, including accurate and timely communication to internal team members and patients regarding financial responsibilities based on eligibility, benefits and coverage.
- Requires expert attention to detail and experience coordinating benefits.
- Needs to be driven, Excel knowledge, innovative, independent, self-starter, a leader, team player, analytical intelligence, exceptional attention to detail, ability to effectively communicate technical information, adaptable with an aptitude and willingness to learn and drive change.
- Dental coder certification (CDC) required, or within 1 year of hire date.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Dental Coder (CDC) applicant with 3+ years of dental/medical insurance verification and/or financial coordination experience in a fast-paced dental/medical healthcare setting.
- Expert knowledge of Medicare, MassHealth and commercial insurance pre-claims requirements, regulations and guidelines.
- Expert knowledge axiUm software.
- Familiarity with ADA codes, CPT Codes and ICD-10 Codes.
- Experience in a fast-paced dental/medical setting.
- Knowledge axiUm software.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM & night clinic coverage.
Minimum $23.40, Midpoint $28.08, Maximum $32.75
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |