Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Coordinator (7376U) -
University of California, Berkeley
Administrative Coordinator (7376U) -
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 19, 2019
The English Department is the largest department in the Division of Art & Humanities in the College of Letters and Science, with 60 permanent faculty and 10 staff, a large cohort of undergraduate majors, and a distinguished graduate program. This position provides key support to academic and administrative departmental functions.
- Manages public-facing activities of the English Department.
- Recruits and supervises a cohort of approximately six work-study students. These students serve as the point of first contact for department visitors and other inquiries.)
- Creates and post job listings, hires, trains and provides corrective action when needed.
- Approves hours in CalTime.
- Directs their work which includes liaising with facilities, copier and supplies maintenance and other routine administrative tasks, greeting and responding to visitor inquiries.
- Acts as Chair's Assistant.
- Manages chair's calendar and appointments; coordinates meetings; receives visitors.
- Prepares and/or edits correspondence, communications, presentation and other documents in general support of chair's administrative activities. Generates documents for department meetings and chairs' meetings.
- Serves as primary department preparer including the preparation of POs, requisitions, financial journals, travel and entertainment reimbursements and BearBuy reimbursement requests.
- Sets up and maintains relationships with vendors, including visitors and other reimbursees.
- Collects, reviews and prepares travel receipts and pertinent data from faculty, students, and visitors.
- Obtains currency exchange rates for foreign travel and per diem.
- Coordinates travel arrangements upon request.
- Works with Connexxus Travel services to make travel arrangements and prepare direct billing IDs or equivalent.
- Ensures documentation complies with all university policies.
- Obtains necessary approvals and submits per established guidelines to CSS and Disbursements.
- Independently administers non-senate faculty appointments including Adjuncts, appointees in the Visiting Professor series, lecturers, post-docs, and exchange visitors. This includes managing the recruitment process, working directly with relevant faculty administrators to conduct non-senate faculty searches, request recruitment waivers, etc.
- Manages student and non-student assistant hires; working with faculty to create job descriptions, with HR/BRS to generate classification and hires, and coordinates timekeeping for such employees.
- Manages department's visiting scholar program: liaises with Visiting Scholars and Visiting Student Researchers sponsored by department faculty; arranges for visas, orients visitors to the department.
- Manages logistics surrounding faculty searches, including campus visits.
- Manages space/facilities, including room reservations and scheduling and key controls, designing systems and often directing work-study students to administer these functions.
- Manages faculty room assignments. Works with PP-CS on repair and replacement orders.
- Instructs work-study students to evaluate the state of office equipment and suggest upgrades as necessary; arranges for old equipment to be removed to Excess & Salvage.
- Also instructs work-study students to evaluate state of archival stores and determine whether to maintain, remove or digitize documents both for department and faculty offices.
- Liaises with Building Coordinator for Wheeler Hall.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding time-frames.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn of campus processes and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills to effectively motivate others.
- Strong service orientation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Must be a self-starter and exhibit initiative to proactively identify areas of need.
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $45,300.00 - $69,100.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27209&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |