Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Center for the Arts
in the College of Arts and Sciences
at the University at Buffalo
is seeking an Events Manager
. The Events Manager is responsible for event management and front-of-house services for five public venues within the Center for the Arts. This position interfaces with Center users, consisting of University departments and entities, students, community organizations, promoters, and the public during events and performances.
Duties includes working with users to facilitate professional events and during performances, uphold policies and procedures, handle front-of-house emergencies, supervise patron services staff and concessions/merchandise transactions.
Additional responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate impactful professional events and performances that enhance Center and University reputation. Responsibilities encompass guiding users to align events with standards, managing logistics and client expectations, addressing issues, suggesting improvements, and coordinating with stakeholders for seamless event execution.
- Manage and coordinate front-of-house operations, ensuring customer service, safety, and facility upkeep. Tasks involve supervising and training patron services staff, enforcing policies, and managing emergencies; organizing event set-ups and take-downs, conducting pre-event briefings and staff assignments; serving as media contact; overseeing vendor sales and concessions while ensuring university compliance.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for patron services. Responsibilities involve overseeing volunteer database, assignments, and scheduling; communicating opportunities and changes; training volunteers; collaborating on manual updates and training sessions; and creating a volunteer recruitment and appreciation program.
- Administrative duties include duties such as equipment oversight, theater checks, repairs coordination, organizing Front-of-House areas, linen and concessions inventory management assistance, and supporting ticket office operations as needed.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
.University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to set up and manage events without instruction.
- Ability to supervise effectively, particular experience with volunteers and students favored.
- Strong background in customer service and satisfaction, excellent interpersonal skill and ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Strong communication, organizational, management skills. Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate situational leadership on events.
- Detail oriented, proactive, and ability to troubleshoot in time sensitive situations.
- One to three years of professional events experience working in events, the performing arts, customer service or in the entertainment field.
- Education in Business, Arts Management or Theatrical Arts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theatre practices and audience services.
- Experience working in a university environment and/or producing university events.
- First aid and CPR training.
- Experience with event scheduling (EMS), layout software (MS Visio).
- Experience leading both student and non-student crews.
- Must be able to move event furniture and chairs weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Incumbent’s time must be flexible as hours routinely include days, nights, weekends and long shifts
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |