Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Budget Analyst
Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology is a renowned national research university with a rich legacy of more than 150 years of innovation and entrepreneurship. The Division of Finance at Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for a Senior Budget Analyst to join the Financial Planning, Budgeting, and Analysis (FPB&A) Group.
The Senior Budget Analyst will work closely with colleagues across the institution to understand their business processes and reporting needs, define key performance metrics, interpret analytics results, and identify trends and develop narratives from the data. They will track operational data that measures these divisional activities, efficiency, and progress toward strategic objectives. Additionally, the Senior Budget Analyst will also be responsible for developing financial analyses, dashboards, and other means of sharing data-driven insights with stakeholders across Stevens.
- Contribute to budget and long-range financial plan development and analysis in support of the University’s mission and coordination with administrative offices such as Human Resources, Provost, Enrollment Management, Facilities, Information Technology, Development, etc.
- Assist the CFO, AVP, and Budget Office Manager in preparing ad-hoc analyses, reports, presentations, and data analytics to support the annual and multi-year operating and capital budget processes, including the in-year monitoring and forecasting.
- Provide guidance to divisional budget coordinators and other staff across campus to develop and implement the University’s annual operating budget. Design and deliver end-user training on financial systems.
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness to enable fact-based, timely, and collaborative decisions that enhance the mission of Stevens and its respective departments.
- Perform research on industry best practices and benchmarks to support the budget process and senior leadership decision-making.
- Develop, assess, and continuously improve systems and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls.
- Other duties determined necessary by the Budget Office Manager in support of the overall responsibilities of the Office of Financial Planning, Budgeting & Analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field.
- Previous financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and forecasting experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive demonstrated success in an FP&A position with similar duties.
- Highly collaborative working style with excellent consultative, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Ability to summarize analytical work and present findings in a visually compelling way.
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to use them in a fast- paced, highly productive environment.
- A commitment to quality, innovation, and process improvement with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork and high customer service standards.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct projects and to lead innovative, strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills and ability to design complex spreadsheets and pivot tables utilizing advanced formulas (macros, v-lookups, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Dedicated professional and team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal maturity and ability to work with and maintain confidential information are essential.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- Experience working with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Experience in a college or university, or other not-for-profit institution.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |