Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The Health Information Manager manages and oversees the medical records function within the School of Dental Medicine. The individual is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all healthcare information. The individual is responsible for building a program to ensure all the healthcare information management processes. The position is responsible for coordinating and managing health information management services across healthcare delivery systems, striving for compliance, and promoting best practices and education in all areas to support strategic objectives and performance. This role ensures that processes and controls are evaluated against the organization’s internal and external information needs on an ongoing basis. The HIM Manager ensures legal compliance to applicable regulations and policies of state standards by monitoring and implementing applicable regulatory compliance requirements, conducting audits, and maintaining records.
This job involves responsibilities that are performed in a hybrid working environment. It is expected that the first 90 days will require an on-campus presence.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree – BS/BA
- Years of experience: 5-7 years in health information
- 3+ years management experience
- RHIA or RHIT certification
- Basic knowledge of CPT, CDT, and ICD-10 coding process
- General knowledge of medical and dental terminology
- Working knowledge of various EHR systems
- Thorough knowledge of HIPAA and privacy regulations
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking on a consistent basis.
- Experience in a health care setting
Minimum $82,600.00, Midpoint $103,300.00, Maximum $124,000.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.