As the Information Security Compliance Analyst you will facilitate the secure research and computing for the University at Buffalo. This position will assist with recommending/implementing/owning security tools and best practices.
In this role you will:
- Administer Security Applications
- Assist with onboarding and training of departmental security personnel
- Review and assist with compliance of standards, policies, and best practices
- Assist with research compliance by ensuring all necessary safeguards are identified and followed
- Provide recommendations on security tools and workflows to allow the most secure environment possible
It is a great time to join UB Information Technology (UBIT
)! Our staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal. For more information about UBIT
visit our website
. All the duties & responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
In addition to professional growth opportunities, UBIT
staff have access to benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal, and academic to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo:
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information science or related field with 3 years of experience in information security principles OR master’s degree with 1 year of experience information security principles.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- IT work experience with exposure to system/software administration and networking fundamentals
- Security certifications, such as: CISSP, GIAC, Security+, etc. are a plus
- Understanding of or experience with NIST security frameworks (e.g. 800-171, 800-53, 800-30, 800-39) and FIPS security frameworks (199 and 200)