Communications Coordinator, Schaefer School of Engineering and Science
This is a full-time position providing assistance to the Schaefer School of Engineering and Science (SES) communications team with respect to digital and printed marketing content, internal communications, and graphic design, as well as administrative matters in the implementation of SES marketing and communications projects. The Communications Coordinator will be involved in the content writing process for internal communications, social media content, and other projects as assigned, as well as engage in continuous monitoring of project implementation against agreed upon deliverables, anticipating and helping to manage activities and outputs. This responsibility includes supporting marketing programs and communications as well as administrative duties. This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager, and works closely with the Dean. The Communications Coordinator will work directly with the Dean to produce the monthly SES Newsletter. They are also responsible for maintaining the SES social media presence. The position will work with the Senior Communications Manager and Department Chairs on editing and updating existing website content as well as existing printed marketing materials. The position will also coordinate with administrators from nine departments to generate and disseminate internal seminar announcements.
Support the communications and marketing team with various daily communications tasks including, but not limited to:
- Web and digital content: The Communications Coordinator schedules social media posts and maintains SES social media presences on LinkedIn and YouTube. This position will also handle web content maintenance for the School of Engineering & Science as well as each of the nine departments and 11 research centers therein.
- Internal Communications: This position will generate and distribute internal communications related to ongoing campus events and seminars, including creation of event pages, e-display presentations and maintaining internal tracking documents. Production and distribution of the SES Newsletter as well as database management will fall under this position.
- Print, marketing and sales collateral: The Communications Coordinator will work with the Senior Communications Manager to edit and proofread materials (invitations, reports, brochures, flyers, banners, signage, ads, etc.) for the school as needed, as well as maintain the library of SES printed materials by tracking inventory, gathering printing quotes and placing orders from university vendors.
- Additional administrative support where necessary.
Candidates with excellent writing skills and experience writing advertorial-style or journalistic style content who may be comfortable interviewing students and faculty are strongly desired. Please submit writing samples with your application.
*Required Minimum Qualifications: *
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field, and a minimum of 1-2 years experience preferred
- Technology oriented and familiarity with content management systems such as Drupal and/or Wordpress
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and YouTube
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Docs, including creating and using spreadsheets as well as google slides
- Capability to be proactive and productive in a fast-paced environment, sourcing relevant input from appropriate sources and identifying innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent organizational and data management skills
- Must have great attention to detail and demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills
- An openness to feedback and adaptability
*Preferred Skills: *
- Knowledge of basic HTML preferred
- Familiarity with on-page search engine optimization best practices including an understanding of keywords and meta-tags, and has the ability to write web page titles, meta-tag descriptions, alt text tags for images, etc.
- Familiarity with email marketing systems such as Mailchimp
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred
- Training can be provided on any necessary tools
About the Schaefer School of Engineering and Science at Stevens Institute of Technology
Today, with nine departments and more than 60 academic programs, the Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering & Science (SES) is the largest of the four schools at Stevens. It maintains a rigorous commitment to preparing the next generation of technology leaders by offering a multi-disciplinary, design-based education. With its intensive curriculum for undergraduates, master’s and doctoral candidates, SES is dedicated to supporting hands-on learning, research and technology transfer that provides each student with invaluable, experiential knowledge. SES is globally recognized for its world-class faculty, leading-edge research facilities.
School of Engineering and Science Communications
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.