Temporary Medical Director
Department: Student Services
Location: Evergreen Valley College
Hourly Pay Rate: $135.00
Under the direction of assigned administrator, provides a flexible combination of medical and administrative leadership and clinical practice. In conjunction with the Director of Student Health & Wellness Services, the Medical Director shares responsibility for the clinical integrity of the Student Health & Wellness Services Program.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides oversight of clinical assessment and treatment, application of clinical practice standards, adherence to guidelines, and integration of quality management into the clinical review process and delivery of care.
2. Serves as a resource to clinicians, staff members, and to the college.
3. Serves as the direct liaison with the Public Health Department regarding exposure and notices regarding communicable diseases, entry screening requirements for targeted programs and updates for college students regarding vaccinations, etc.
4. Examine, diagnose, and treat all students with a focus on adult medicine.
5. Acts as a primary consultant on all cases referred by other staff members.
6. Completes medical charts and other documentation in a timely manner.
7. Supervises medical assistant and lab personnel in area of specific support service for patient care delivery.
8. Attends all internal provider and staff meetings as necessary.
9. Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Joint Commission Accreditation Health Organization (JCAHO) standards.
10.Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Principles and practice of preventive medicine.
2. State and federal laws pertaining to medicine, public health and community health centers.
3. Structure and function of a student health center.
Skills and Abilities to:
1. Communicate effectively with patients and their families.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and general public.
3. Maintain confidentiality and comply with FERPA, HIPPA and other compliance standards.
Education and Experience:
1. Experience or background that demonstrates knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services.
2. Demonstrates sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve.
Sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
Certificate or License:
1. Board certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine in the State of California
2. Valid California Medical License and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) License
1. Typical indoor working environment.
1. Stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-30 pounds on a sustained basis.
2. Require sufficient hand-eye coordination, arm hand dexterity and visual acuity to perform the job, and read numbers and words.
3. May stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Up to 10 hours total weekly (2 hours on call).
Interested applicants should send resume & cover letter to:
Director Student Service & Wellness
Mike Osorio, Michael.Osorio@evc.edu