Disbursement Generalist I
Disbursement Generalist I
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Disbursement Generalist I. The Disbursement Generalist I provides complex clerical and administrative support to the Office of Disbursement Services.
For consideration, a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant work experience is required. The successful candidate will need fundamental computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software. Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage a high volume of tasks. Must have the ability to read and interpret moderately complex information and originate simple to moderately complex correspondence. Must also have the ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Offer is contingent upon successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Data collection, data entry, and reporting of employee set up and payment information for various types of employees (staff, faculty, adjuncts, students, and international)
- New hire and re-hire data collection, review and entry into ERP system
- Maintain Smartsheet data
- Process Employee Action Notices (employee HR/Payroll data changes)
- Process separations
- Participate in periodic system upgrade testing.
- Proficiency with basic math calculations.
- Vacation payouts
- Calculation of over and under payments
- Special payment types
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Use of Chart of Accounts
- Basic reconciliations for validation
- Maintain a high-level confidentiality.
- Access to sensitive information
- Abide by laws and regulations for employee data retention
- Use of office hardware and software.
- Office equipment
- Time keeping software
- ERP system
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem solving.
- Respond to department queries
- Assist with external communication
- Research and resolve data discrepancies
- Assisting and training employees on departmental processes.
- Time keeping system
- Ensure proper use of department policy, laws, and regulations
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202016847