Student Life is accepting applications to fill a Consumer Services Coordinator role supporting Accessibility Resources. The incumbent will work on a synergistic five-professional work group serving over 1,500 students with disabilities and professionally assisting faculty and staff with ensuring students’ equitable access, participation, and benefit in academic courses and throughout university life. In addition to collaboration with other coordinators, specific duties of the position involve:
- Responding to incoming consumer inquiries through all channels to coordinate and implement reasonable accommodations through initial review of medical/psychological documentation and student narrative.
- Reviewing Accessibility Resources’ student records for quality assurance.
- Managing the Accessibility Resources’ database and producing statistical reports upon request.
- Conducting consumer orientation meetings and/or online presentations.
- Providing direct, high level, backfill support as needed.
Working at UB offers world-class benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreational resources. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. We focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal life, and academic pursuits in an effort to support work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience providing consumer services coordination or transferable skills that will enable a candidate to meet the position’s related obligations
- Demonstrated integrity and sound judgment
- Ability to handle fast-paced, complex, detailed, changing and occasionally stressful work flow required.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, Access and database records management
- Strong administrative, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in Reading and understanding psycho- educational, medical and other records
- Excellence with written communication