Business Systems Analyst II
Enterprise Application Systems and Support
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst II (BSA) to help WPI through a wide variety
of new and exciting initiatives. This role is part of the Enterprise Systems Application Support Team and reports to the Manager, Enterprise Systems.
The BSA will provide primary support for Workday HCM, Finance, and Payroll. The BSA will serve as a system administrator for Workday, overseeing tenant configuration, security administration, and release planning. This role requires a strong background in Workday, good decision-making skills, and motivated self-learning.
The BSA will troubleshoot and resolve issues with applications and integrations. The successful candidate will use keen analytical insight and business judgment to identify a problem's root cause and propose practical solutions to meet business needs. The BSA will help business offices manage outstanding requests and enhancements, ensuring the most urgent needs of the institution are addressed.
The successful candidate will guide stakeholders though the requirements management life cycle. They will use their understanding of business processes and the stakeholders' business needs to plan and perform effective testing. The ideal individual will share their knowledge of business process design and requirements management with other members of the WPI community.
Information Technology (IT) collaborates with the WPI community to meet academic, research, campus life, and administrative needs for technology and access on a global scale. IT promotes innovation to deliver an advanced technology infrastructure, security and access management, integrated data systems, and user-centric support services. Join our Information Technology team and help us enable another one-hundred fifty years of WPI's success.
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance, and much more.
- Serve as a Workday system administrator, overseeing tenant configuration, security administration, and release planning
- Identify, research, and resolve issues with Workday configuration, security, and integrations
- Help teams prioritize operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Monitor and report project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Write and maintain documentation for both IT and the business offices
- Provide tier 2 service desk support
- Design testing strategies and plans in support of multiple initiatives; supervise software testing teams
- Identify and document problems during testing and coordinate corrective action
- Work with stakeholders and project management teams to document deliverables and requirements for multiple functional and IT areas throughout WPI
- Manage the requirements lifecycle for all initiatives in which the BSA participates
- Build effective working relationships with members of the WPI community
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years related experience is required; Workday experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in requirements elicitation
- Demonstrated understanding of higher education business processes preferred
- Experience in business process documentation and design using standard modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Ability to perform requirements fit/gap analysis
- Demonstrated ability to translate, define, and document functional specifications
- Knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining, and leading the testing lifecycle of a major implementation, including managing the resolution of defects found during testing
- Workday, Banner, and Salesforce implementation experience a plus
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills to both business and technical audiences
- Demonstrated collaboration experience with business units, technical staff, and implementation partners
- Self-motivated with critical thinking abilities and leadership skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products including PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability and desire to share knowledge and help others improve
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Business-Systems-Analyst-II_R0001026
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.