Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Residential Services Assistant
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Residential Services Assistant
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Relieves supervisors of handling numerous routine contacts; gathers information and answers inquiries regarding the operations aspects of residential education, housing, ID Card Services and other department functions. This position requires a working knowledge of all functions and programs of the Residential Services office. Assists students and staff in understanding departmental policies and procedures. Provides clerical/administrative support for department, including budget. Instruct, guide and assist student workers in the performance of their assigned duties. Serves as confidential assistant to the Director of the department. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefits eligible hourly position.
- Customer service:
- Screens telephone calls and directs visitor inquiries to proper department or internal staff member if necessary. Relieves staff of handling routine contacts, answers questions, and gathers information requiring discretion and sensitivity.
- Assists students and staff in understanding policies and procedures.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Residential Services office to ensure that appropriate standards of customer service are being maintained. Assists with the hiring and supervision of student office staff and monitors their daily workload and work product
- Budget management:
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, check requests, and department. Prepares and reviews department budget records to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares and processes personnel forms and payroll for all Residential Services student employees.
- Office management and coordination:
- Serves as source of information for housing opportunities for internal and external constituents, including summer housing.
- Maintains schedules and calendars for professional staff. Coordinates appointment/meeting scheduling and related room reservations. Makes travel arrangements as requested.
- Oversees the maintenance of office files. Opens, sorts and routes mail.
- Coordinates office supply orders and maintains inventory.
- Assists with duties of other Residential Services staff as requested for vacation, illness, and peak periods. Opens and closes office at scheduled hours and ensures all office areas are secure at end of day. Works overtime as required, e.g. opening day, and opening and closing of residence halls.
- Housing Operations:
- Has primary responsibility for maintaining security of key cabinet and monitoring contractor and temporary key sign out logs. Processes all follow up of key maintenance and records for room changes.
- Utilizes housing database for hall rosters, room damages, and maintenance of information for RA's.
- Distributes and collects information and paperwork and sets appointments for housing and meal release requests.
- Inputs work orders and assists in the coordination of maintenance services and requests for custodial work. Triages emergency call-ins as needed.
- Interacts with vendors to provide services in the residence halls.
- Residential Education:
- Provides administrative support for RA program including selection, training, evaluation, programming, and duty schedule.
- Provides administrative support for the residence hall judicial system. Assists when necessary with student discipline letters and coordinates appointments. Assists as needed with administrative tracking in the judicial database.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with additional schooling and a minimum of five years secretarial experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, as well as fluency with other applications. SCT Banner experience preferred.
- Excellent judgment, communication, organization skills, and demonstrated record of taking initiative required.
- Previous budget maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to handle telephone and in-person inquiries efficiently and pleasantly.
- Ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure with many interruptions.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Residential-Services-Assistant_R0000631
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |