Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Part-Time Fulfillment Specialist
Part-Time Fulfillment Specialist
$13.71 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
As a member of the Center for Workforce and Community Development, and under the supervision of the Director of Workforce & Community Development, this position will perform concierge, courier-related activities for the department as it relates to supporting development and implementation of contract training, non-credit, courses, and programs. It will also perform administrative tasks on an as needed basis.
This position is fast-paced and requires excellent customer service, time management, and problem-solving skills. This position requires regular interaction with a diverse range of student and business partners; therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate a successful training event through the provision of support services in include, but not limited to:
- Making photocopies; shopping for food and supplies, prepping classrooms, cleaning, and stocking break facilities.
- Assembling and providing instructors with appropriate class materials, collecting and processing forms and course evaluations.
- Collecting and transporting registration forms, evaluations, and other documents between locations, as is appropriate.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment, and respond according to established protocol to emergency situations.
- Once a course is scheduled, ensure supplies are available, equipment is operational, and classrooms or other training spaces are in satisfactory repair. Report any deficiencies.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of training and back-of-house operations, as requested.
- Create, plan, and manage all menus and supplies for every group of training, including
shopping/purchasing for food and supplies.
- Serve as communications liaison between Center staff, faculty, and students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of special events/workshops and represent the Center at college and community events when necessary.
- At all times, adhere to relevant policies and procedures, report any student dissatisfaction to Program Managers and/or instructors, and assist in ensuring that student and instructor concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to Center standards for customer service and professionalism.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and polished appearance.
- Assist in the training of student workers and other fulfillment personnel as necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing Director's calendar/appointments and maintaining departmental calendar.
- Create meeting agendas, take minutes during meetings, and distribute minutes to participants.
- Enter data and prepare budget reports.
- Enter and track departmental purchase requests, process account statements, and allocate credit card charges in the credit card tracking system.
- Create internal and external correspondence, distribute departmental information, and reminders.
- Assist in documenting and tracking projects, ensuring reporting timelines are met.
- Research and compile data for various internal and external reports pertaining to the Workforce Development department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Six (6) months of related work experience
- Experience in food service or catering
- Experience in higher education
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move boxes/items up to forty (40) pounds
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/ groups/ teams
- Manage, organize and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Verified skills in organizing complex systems and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and professional
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to perform successful internet research
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be dependable
- Aware of and sensitive to cultural differences with ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to keep detailed files and records
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with college personnel and outside entities
- Must be able to travel within the Lee College service area and beyond
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends as needed
- Experience with customer relations and/or project management software
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6888
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |