University of Idaho
Financial & Administrative Assistant
University Advancement (Div)
$15.70 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
This position provides administrative and fiscal support for the University Advancement Division. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): coordinating and maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging for meeting logistics, preparing agendas and gathering background materials, arranging and managing travel, related itineraries and expenses, and providing excellent customer service. The incumbent will work in close liaison with advancement staff to achieve goals and objectives and assist with day to day operation of the division.
- 1 year of experience providing administrative and/or financial support in support of others
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating special projects and/or events
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators
- Experience with office support functions; word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Associates or bachelors degree in office management, business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support and/or financial support
- Experience researching and compiling financial information, preparing summaries and reports, and using personal computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial data
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive documents and information
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with University of Idaho policies, business procedures and organizational structure
- Experience using database and software programs such as Banner, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of advancement functions in higher education, i.e. fundraising, outreach, communications, alumni relations, etc.
- Excellent public relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by February 3, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.