University of Idaho
Applications Administrator II
University Advancement (Div)
Commemensurate with Experience
Under the general direction of the director, directs program operations, defines scope of work, outlines utilization of resources and is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the day to day technical operations. This position is also responsible for analyzing complex customer requirements, designing appropriate long-term solutions and implementing those solutions through the application of approved technology, standards and sound software engineering principles; managing and maintaining systems with advancement, providing technical support to power users and other analysts and representing advancement on university wide projects, committees and task forces.
- Bachelors degree or 4 years relevant programming experience
- Experience writing in one or more commonly used current programming languages
- Experience performing systems design and analysis
- Experience managing applications as an administrator
- Experience writing program documentation in accordance with published standards
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science or related fields plus 2 years related experience OR equivalent combination of related education and experience totaling at least 6 years
- Experience using current programming languages such as C, C++, PL/SQL, Java, Groovy on Grails, Ruby, JSON manipulations, API development, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience testing and debugging software
- Familiarity with using and developing in a SAAS/Cloud based environment
- Use of data modeling concepts and database definitions
- Application of up to date security concepts related to technology
- Experience with Ellucian database systems as well as SQL Server and/or Oracle database applications
- Familiarity with Alumni and Development concepts within the framework of a higher education environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and reporting software such as Argos, Crystal Reports, Oracle Developer, Business Intelligence, Cognos, SSRS, etc.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and with co-workers and clients to find appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by October 7, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.