Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Unit Manager - Dining
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate dining program on the Tufts University Medford/Somerville and SMFA/Fenway campus, delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food, and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, staff, faculty,administrators, and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team provides a progressive resident dining program as well as innovative retail services, and a distinctive university catering program serving a campus community comprised of 6000 undergraduates, 2100 graduate students, and 2300 staff, faculty and administrators.
What You'll Do
The Unit Manager for Carmichael Resident Dining is responsible for the overall general management of a resident board dining center serving on average over 1500 meals per day, seven days per week.
- The Unit Manager responsibilities include supervision and on-going professional development of the unit's Chef Manager, Assistant Unit Manager, Leads, and hourly staff.
- The Unit Manager is responsible for P&L management and fiscal accountability, staffing labor to revenue, and personnel management, customer satisfaction, menu management, food production, and program development/execution.
- The Unit Manager provides leadership in the areas of customer service, hospitality, food preparation and service, menu development, procurement, inventory of food, supplies and equipment, quality control, food service
sanitation, housekeeping, facility and equipment maintenance, food. merchandising, special events management, accounts payable, payroll approval, employee performance management, and external relations.
- The Unit Manager independently monitors daily operations of the assigned unit, supervising staff, identifying problems, and providing solutions while consistently seeking consultation and guidance from senior management as appropriate.
- The Unit Manager collaborates effectively with department administrative
specialists and works cooperatively with peers and subordinates to achieve departmental objectives.
- The Unit Manager is responsible for compliance with department policies, procedures and standards, state and municipal regulations, and university policies and procedures.
- As a member of the unit operations management team the Unit Manager is responsible for scheduled hands-on shift supervision as a Manager On-Duty and works collaboratively with members of the unit management team to deliver the highest quality dining experience every day.
What We're Looking For
- Associate’s degree in business, hospitality or food service management or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of food service management experience with at least five years managing a high-volume retail food service required
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and strong verbal and written
communication skills are important
- Demonstrated knowledge of production planning and fiscal management while maintaining high
- Customer satisfaction in a high-volume resident dining program.
- Experience with a demonstrated record of teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and partnering
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality, dietetics, culinary arts, or food service management
- Outstanding communication skills including interpersonal communication, writing, public speaking, and presenting
- Working knowledge of a residential food service program in a college or university
- Working knowledge of automated food productions systems such as FoodPro or CBORD and sophisticated POS systems such as Sequoia, Blackboard or Micros.
- ServSafe Certified.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Primary work schedule is Monday – Friday during the academic year, and some
weekends, evening and holiday work is expected when classes are in session and periodically during the summer.
- Schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
- A 50+ work week is anticipated during the academic terms.
- Travel will occur occasionally in the form of professional development, advanced skills training, or to conduct market research.
Minimum $68,400.00, Midpoint $85,550.00, Maximum $102,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |