Join our team! We are currently interviewing for a new team member with solid professional skills, a passion for animals and a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and humans. If you are seeking a role which promotes growth, learning, and values your contributions - you have found it. Our integrated care teams combine state-of-the-art science, clinical expertise, and the human touch to provide veterinary care that goes beyond healing the patient to caring for the entire family.
Benefits included Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Outstanding Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement and Pet Care Benefits.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
What You'll Do
This is a part time position anticipated to work 21 hours per week.
The Client Services Assistant works as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality administrative support and service to external and internal customers. Responsibilities include receiving and directing incoming calls to the hospitals and wildlife clinic, greeting and registering clients, admitting and discharging patients, scheduling appointments, assisting callers and managing patient records. Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the hospital.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in person and by telephone)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Pride in maintaining assigned areas in a hospital environment.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn the electronic medical record system. Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Associates degree in relevant field of study.
- 3 -5 years of customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary or human medicine.
- Certifications in leadership development and/or client service areas.
- Exceptional Client Service Awards and/or acknowledgments.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
- Experience in the Animal or Veterinary Industry.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position includes rotational weekend on-call and rotational holiday coverage.
- Some alternate hours may be required for shift coverage, meeting attendance or training sessions.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity