The Operations Division is in a transformative state as it invests in technologies, processes and resources to implement asset / lifecycle-based management practices over its major investments in buildings, building systems, automated systems controls and major equipment components.
The Facilities Planner / Scheduler (the Planner) is a key player in this process. He/She will apply outstanding leadership and influencing skills in collaboration with Facilities, Capital Programming, and Engineering colleagues to identify and implement short and long-term facilities plans with respect to capital asset renewal and capital program turnover to facilities, the establishment and management of preventive maintenance programs for critical investments in building systems and ongoing plannable incoming work-orders. Once such programs are developed, the Planner will provide leadership and input pertaining to staffing, resource scheduling and load balancing, service level agreements, asset criticality rules and customer satisfaction measurements.
What You'll Do
Using all applicable data pertaining to asset management systems and processes, the Planner develops monthly and weekly workplans and work-outlooks in collaboration with Facilities Zone Managers. Plannable work includes preventative maintenance, planned maintenance and recurring inspection programs as well as ongoing facilities-based project activities. The Planner ensures that work is planned and deployed such that reasonable service levels are attained, that work is properly prioritized and that resources are deployed in the most effective way possible in accordance with division policies, procedures and safety protocols.
The Planner is a key contributor to CMMS systems development, reporting and enhancements. The Planner determines reporting and accountability KPI’s from which to measure and evaluate facilities performance and plays a leading role in providing a balanced program of ‘checks and balances’ from which to assist Zone Managers in holding facilities services accountable to Division strategies and customer service goals and objectives. The planner also adjusts CMMS systems to reflect current and continuously evolving plans while ensuring upstream and downstream systems (e.g. BIM 360, Maximo) reflect up to date changes and improvements.
He/She collaborates with Business and Technology Support teams to continuously improve usability of CMMS systems to support program goals, regularly reviews preventative tasks and cost data and recommends corrective actions to reduce costs and to maximize effectiveness.
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated experience working with a CMMS is required, as is the ability to create sophisticated presentations along with the ability to persuasively create and present planning / scheduling metrics and corresponding accountabilities to management staff. Successful candidates demonstrate the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced industrial, large commercial or logistics environment
- Bachelor's degree in a facility management, engineering, or technical field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. Over 5 years of experience in industrial facilities maintenance will be considered demonstrated equivalent experience with no degree.
- Minimum three to five year’s maintenance experience in schedule/planning activities
- Strong organizational, prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and present information to trades workers, management, client and external parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Knowledge of facility operations and maintenance management scheduling
- Demonstrated experience with automated maintenance management systems such as Maximo, FM Systems, SAP EAM, etc.
- Comfortable working knowledge of regulatory and code requirements for related fields, i.e. OHS, CFIA, ASHRAE
- Proven organizational skills with strong utilization of PC based systems
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, Maximo or similar CMMS systems.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress
- This position requires a valid MA driver’s license and the successful completion of a Cori/Sori background and driving background check.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. May be required to work holidays