Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Associate Reporting Analyst - Office of Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) serves as a research resource to the university community providing such services as compiling official university statistics, consulting on survey design and designing, executing and reporting entire projects. The office completes outcome assessment projects and policy analyses for various offices and schools with the university.
What You'll Do
The Associate Reporting Analyst serves as a resource for information on institutional data for the University. The Associate Reporting Analyst:
- Is responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and summarizing data, submitting information to appropriate internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Extracts data from various university systems, validating information for accuracy, completing requests, and providing thorough documentation for numerous cyclical projects.
- Utilizes programs including Tableau and Excel to produce reports in a variety of formats.
- Proactively identifies data issues and devises solutions to improve data quality.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree
- 0 -2 years of experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with large datasets
- Ability to:
- Understand and analyze quantitative information
- Work effectively on several projects simultaneously
- Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters and with minimal supervision
- Engage in proactive and creative problem solving
- Think critically and analytically
- Manage complex projects
- Meet critical deadlines
- Manage multiple assignments, deadlines and priorities
- Must be detail-oriented, possess maturity in judgment, and the ability to get along with widely diverse personalities
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of integrity while professionally handling confidential data
- Familiarity with institutional research and/or higher education more broadly
- Familiarity with IPEDS, the Common Data Set and University rankings
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience working with student and faculty information system data
- Basic knowledge of HTML, WordPress, or other web design/publishing language/software
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |