The Education Workforce Specialist work is directed by the CTSA Workforce Development Core Director, who is also the Program Lead for the CTSI K Scholars Mentored Career Development Award Program, and collaborate closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other senior leaders in the CTSI.
The Project Staff Associate (Educational Workforce Specialist) is a full-time position funded by the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) to the University at Buffalo to synergize, enhance and develop a diverse and inclusive clinical and translational workforce. The Education Workforce Specialist will coordinate and develop all educational activities for staff, students, postdoctoral fellows, junior and senior faculty.
* Coordinating and developing all the educational programs for the CTSA hub that supports individualized and group instruction.
* Work closely with the designated faculty leaders to coordinate the 10 CTSI core competency workshop series offered throughout the academic year.
* Assist with the organizing the CTSI Distinguished Seminar Series featuring world-renowned experts in clinical and translational research.
* Oversee the different micro-credentialing opportunities offered by the WFD Core.
* Assist with preparation of progress report and grant submissions as needed, anticipate and initiate action towards future progress goals.
About The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and its Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) and CTSA linked KL2 Mentored Career Development Award represent a large NIH Infrastructure grant to support clinical and translational research at the University at Buffalo (UB) and the Buffalo Translational Consortium (BTC) partner institutions under the leadership of the Director of the CTSI.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.