This position is responsible for all budgeting, accounting, monitoring, compliance, cash management, financial and other non-technical reporting, and auditing functions relating to sponsored agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
The person in this position works under direction of the Associate Director, but has a large degree of latitude in exercising individual judgment while complying with Federal, State, and University fiscal policies and practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position.
Must demonstrate at least one year of experience working with budgets, spreadsheets, and financial processes in an office setting.
Education and Experience Preferred
Master’s degree in a field related to the position;
CPA, CRA, or CFRA;
Experience working in research administration in a higher education setting;
Post award grants experience including financial reporting and cost accounting;
Knowledge of PeopleSoft, InfoEd, OnBase;
Experience with data analytics and database reporting
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
l. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn federal, state and funding agencies policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and codes applicable to the administration of grants and contacts.
2. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, University policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of principles and processes involved in contractual and grant monitoring procedures.
4. Knowledge of computers; word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
5. Ability to negotiate and persuade; reconcile differences; persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work effectively with wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Ability to provide technical advice and information to faculty and staff in area of expertise.
9. Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
10. Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
11. Ability to analyze data and formulate conclusions.
12. Ability to function in a high stress environment in order to meet deadlines.
13. Ability to take initiative; willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges; exercise independent judgment and discretion.