Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Web Applications Developer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Web Applications Developer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Web Applications Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining web applications on the university's website. Contributes to technical support for web-based software such as Drupal and WordPress. The ideal candidate has a passion for web development, is a self-starter and works well with others.
We will consider Web Developer II or Web Developer III depending on experience.
- Maintains and debugs existing web applications installed on WPI's web servers.
- Designs, constructs, implements and tests custom applications or modules for the WPI website.
- Maintains CGI scripts and software applications installed on WPI's web servers.
- Designs, constructs, implements, and tests custom applications on the WPI website.
- Acts as primary support for various web applications, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Web-based Interface tools.
- Contributes to technical support for various web applications, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Web-based Interface tools.
- Reviews code developed by external sources to ensure it is secure and follows standards (for example: WordPress plugins and themes).
- Coordinates with the Helpdesk to address web application and service issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area with 3 years professional programming experience, or equivalent of 5 years professional programming experience.
- Demonstrated backend web development experience with PHP, Python, and database systems such as MySQL.
- Experience with web content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Experience using and programming on UNIX platforms and working with Apache or Nginx web servers.
- Knowledge of web site design best practices, including web standards, accessibility, and secure coding practices.
- Experience using code versioning tools (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Must have ability to communicate and work with people of all levels of technical ability. Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Must collaborate effectively across technical and functional disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience with continuous integrations and deployment. (GitLab is a plus)
- Must possess the ability to work independently, maintain work quality, prioritize projects and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 with booster. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Web-Applications-Developer_R0001889-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |