Donor Engagement Officer
Donor Engagement Officer
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Donor Engagement Officer. The Donor Engagement Officer's primary responsibilities will focus on the engagement of constituents by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual giving-level donors, with particular focus on renewing previous year donors, especially those in the $100-$500 range. Using a suite of technological tools, the Officer will be responsible for developing personal relationships with an assigned portfolio of current and former annual giving donors that result in renewed or increased support of the university. Using email, social media, and video conferencing, the Officer will solicit annual gifts. The Officer will also be responsible for outreach to donors who utilized the former phone program as their avenue to give, renewing these donors, and potentially acquiring new donors through phone engagement.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Portfolio Management
- Manage a portfolio of 1,000+ current, former, and prospective annual giving donors, cultivating relationships via email, phone, social media, video conferencing, texting, and other appropriate means of outreach.
- Perform and document a high volume of outbound touchpoints per day, using moves management to advance donors in the giving cycle.
- Communicate to donors the impact of their giving, provide information on university developments and programs relative to their interests, and share opportunities to attend upcoming events, volunteer, or participate in activities that will deepen their engagement with the university.
- Program Management
- As a member of the Donor Acquisition and Retention Team (DART), assist in support of yearly fundraising goals and collaborate on strategic planning and execution of a multi-year work plan for donor acquisition and retention
- Help facilitate direct mail and email that runs concurrently with outreach in their purview so as to remain consistent with funding priorities, messaging, and current solicitation themes.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitors and triages email responses/questions from foundation email boxes.
- Drafts and proofs correspondence, other annual-giving projects as necessary.
- Oversees other projects and duties as assigned.
For Consideration, a Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required. Enthusiasm for direct, regular, on-going interaction with donors, prospective donors, and volunteers required. Excellent communication skills, written, oral and digital. Confidentiality, integrity, discretion, attention to detail is imperative. Solid computer skills with experience using CRM database, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and social media. Telephone or in-person fundraising experience, either paid or volunteer, preferred. At least one year of annual giving or the equivalent experience in a related area is preferred.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials by April 1, 2021:
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position.
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202075
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.