Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Technician, Preventative Maintenance/Filter
Job Description Summary:
To inspect, maintain, and replace filters and perform minor preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment on all campuses in order to maintain efficiency and mechanical integrity of HVAC units.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Replaces filters in all HVAC units districtwide; adding drain tablets.
2) Disposes of dirty filters properly.
3) Monitors and reports to supervisor the levels of HVAC filters for reordering.
4) Tracks replacement of filters and maintains replacement schedule.
5) Reports HVAC-related problems and assists in preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment.
6) Assists in removal, repair, and reinstallation of HVAC equipment.
7) Performs minor preventative maintenance including inspecting/replacing belts and greasing bearings.
8) Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
- HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
- Types of air filters.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Operating, installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
- Reading and understanding schematics.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Manage the budget within assigned department.
- Use basic computer skills such as accessing and sending emails, locating Internet sites, and completing time sheets including work order systems.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- May be exposed to a variety of temperatures, noise, moving mechanical parts, or chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$32,448 – $36,993
Please Note: ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date__ (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply prior to the job closing date and time.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
April 15, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.