Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Temporary Special Projects Coordinator - Distance Education Technology - NOCE Anaheim
North Orange County Community College District
North Orange County Community College District is now accepting applications for a Special Projects Coordinator- Distance Education Technology (Temporary) at North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) Anaheim Campus!
Salary and Schedule:
- Daily rate, $200
- Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Start Date: November 1, 2019
Distance Education Technology Coordinator - Fall 2019
- Education equivalent to an associate degree from an accredited institution, preferably with an emphasis in technology, distance education or related area; extensive responsible office supervisory and technical administrative experience involving analytical and discretionary assignments.
- Commitment to diversity. All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how their experience with these factors relates to successfully achieving the goals of the position.
Under the supervision of the Distance Education Dean and in collaboration with the DE Faculty Coordinator (DEFC), the Distance Education Technology Coordinator (DETC) provides support for the effective operation of the Distance Education (DE) instructional platform at NOCE. The DETC works within a collaborative, team-based environment and coordinates the technical aspects, deployment and operation of the course management system (currently Canvas) and works with the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD) and NOCE IT staff, faculty, and students.
Program Development & Coordination
Technical Program Development: CMS Administration, Enrollment, & Support
- Coordinate the establishment of technology goals, objectives, and priorities for distance education; assist in development and implementation of the Distance Education Plan in collaboration with the DEFC and the Distance Education workgroup.
- Provide information needed for institution decision making related to DE.
- Attend DE meetings on the campus and at the district.
- Participate in research, evaluation, recommendation, and deployment of new and emerging technologies in learning and teaching.
- Collaborate with outside agencies and organizations to develop and support a variety of on-line learning projects.
- Prepare and review DE information for the schedule of classes with assistance from the Instruction Office.
- Provide assistance with the development of grants that support distance learning.
- Attend Distance Education workgroup meetings.
- Monitor developing trends, emerging technologies, and services in distance learning.
- Serve as one of the college DE liaisons to other educational institutions.
- Oversee the DE NOCE web site.
- Represent the institution at professional distance learning organizations and conferences.
Liaison to NOCCCD Distance Education
- Coordinate all technical aspects of the DE program.
- Troubleshoot problems with teaching and learning technologies and serve as liaison between faculty and other areas of DE, IT, and/or third party vendors.
- Communicate changes and support transitions of software used in teaching and learning.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Identify and develop training for emerging technologies necessary to support DE teaching and learning.
- Perform the CMS process each term.
- Participate in negotiation of CMS contracts.
- Forecast CMS upgrades and update needs.
- Serve as CMS system administrator.
- Support instructors regarding CMS technical issues.
- Create and monitor semester timeline for management of CMS courses and enrollment of users in CMS.
- Monitor and troubleshoots Banner/CMS data integration.
- Work with staff in other parts of the district/college to integrate academic technology tools into existing computing infrastructure or to help plan needed upgrades to facilities and systems.
- Confer with District personnel and CMS staff to implement improvements and resolve problems.
- Monitor system administrator knowledge databases and ListServs for problem prevention and resolutions.
Training & Support
- Participate in CMS decisions with the District.
- Represent technical aspects of NCOE DE in collaborative initiatives with District Information Services, Fullerton College, and Cypress College.
- Provide faculty training and support in navigating the CMS through workshops, presentations, consultation, and online materials covering a variety of academic technologies, including but not limited to learning/course management systems and tools for web conferencing, lecture capture, ADA compliance, anti-plagiarism, regular and effective communication in the delivery of courses, assessments, recordkeeping, archiving, and student response.
- Assist instructors with CMS orientation for students.
- Support faculty on CMS and Online Teacher Training issues.
- Maintain Distance Education Program course site on the campus CMS.
- Learn new technology and updates to DE technology.
- Communicate with faculty and students regarding scheduled and unscheduled downtime for CMS and other DE related systems such as the campus email system.
- Implement curriculum software features specific to DE.
- Proficient with both MAC and PC operating systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the supported teaching software applications (currently Canvas).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and independently apply technical solutions to resolve problems and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and deliver workshops and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills: managing time, materials and resources to achieve set goals.
- Effective interpersonal skills: working with others to interpret and identify needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated skill monitoring/assessing systems or processes to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Demonstrated skill assessing the implications of information for current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Assist users to use applications and software packages and communicate their features.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, faculty, and students.
- Devise methods for integrating technical tools and applications into faculty instructional delivery and student projects.
- Identify, develop, and coordinate resources.
- Apply technical judgment to solve a wide range of problems.
- Prioritize, organize, plan and monitor multiple projects and tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and others.
- Adjust well to change (e.g., work environment, technology, responsibilities adjustment)
- Function cooperatively and productively as a member of a team.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we ask that you do not contact the Department Chair/Dean directly. They will review the information provided and contact you if an opening arises or if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. Applications submitted without all required documents will not be considered. Evidence of degree conferred/awarded must be printed on a legible transcript.
Application materials should be uploaded via the CCC Registry.
Apply online via the CCC Registry:
Click on "Apply for This Job
" and follow the instructions.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |