The School of the Museum of Fine Arts offers BFA and Combined Degree (BFA+BA/BS) undergraduate programs, as well as graduate and non-degree programs, with areas of study that run the gamut from painting and sculpture to performance to virtual reality.
Students work with faculty across two campuses that together encompass almost 450,000 square feet of classroom, library, and studio space. We are closely connected with the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, and part of Tufts University's School of Arts and Sciences. Our graduates go out into the world as highly skilled scholar-artists ready to make a difference.
What You'll Do
This is a part-time, benefits eligible position and the compensation will be prorated. This is also a grant funded position and limited term until July 31, 2024.
In collaboration with the manager or director, the Scholastic Arts Program Administrator participates in development of goals and strategies for a university program. Applies specialized, subject matter knowledge to develop, implement, review and evaluate the program and is responsible for implementing timely, effective communications to promote the program.The Program Administrator will also handle the below duties:
- Implements plans and evaluates progress. Recommends changes as necessary.
- Develops data management systems, assisting with any system upgrade efforts. Provides any necessary system training.
- Participates in budget development and assesses/analyzes budgets, preparing reports and projections
- Develops and oversees marketing and advertising. Writes and designs program materials. Writes and updates material for website and develops content for social media efforts.
- Provides ideas and content for meetings, seminars, lectures and other special events.
- Conducts research and drafts reports and results.
- Coordinates hiring and training of staff, evaluates workflow and productivity and provides input into employee performance reviews. May supervise student or temporary employees
- May support student services associated with the program including admissions and registration processes, general advice about program.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years' experience
- Knowledge of program subject matter
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum $29.10, Midpoint $34.65, Maximum $40.20
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.