The Student Records Analyst position is a unique opportunity to apply innovation, creative problem solving skills, and technical knowledge to support students, faculty, and staff at the University at Buffalo. This individual serves as a member of the HUB & Student Systems Support team as well as the Office of the Registrar, collaborating across the institution to maintain and optimize HUB and related student systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues in HUB and related systems (such as College Scheduler), analyze business processes and system utilization, and guide system optimization. S/he works with the Office of the Registrar and UBIT in ensuring that student records are maintained, students are registered, transfer credits are awarded, and degree requirements are audited in an efficient manner that supports student success.
- Work collaboratively with teams that support UB initiatives in order to utilize HUB and related systems in support of UB’s goals.
- Serve as functional analyst for the university’s space request and management system (EMS), ensuring it is implemented, maintained, and optimized in a manner that best promotes efficient and effective utilization of the systems and our instructional facilities while supporting student success. S/he works with the Office of the Registrar, UBIT, academic units, and University Events in ensuring that classes are scheduled, technology is requested, events are booked, and rooms are managed in an efficient manner that supports student success and efficient use of campus space.
- Develop regular reports and queries for office, unit, and university use, both operationally and strategically. S/he will inform the office’s approach to providing data and information to the campus.
- Provides advice and expertise to the Assistant Registrar for Degree Audit and Academic Advisement Reporting in the construction of complex Academic Advisement Reports and the utilization of the resulting data.
The Office of the Registrar staff form a collegial team that collaborates in a supportive and progressive working environment. We value innovation, creative thinking, positivity, and a sense of humor. We support one another through opportunities for team and individual professional development.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence.
- Work Hours: Monday -Friday 8:30-5:00 pm; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Applications cannot be accepted via email or US mail. Please do not call to inquire about application status, qualified candidates will be contacted.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree and proven experience in a technical or support services role in higher education
Minimum of 3-5 years of technical or functional experience in higher education.
Experience with EMS or PeopleSoft Campus Solutions required. Experience at UB or similar institution preferred, as is knowledge of system configuration, querying and reporting.