Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Reimbursement and Procurement Specialist
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The College of Arts and Sciences
is seeking a staff member who would be responsible for facilitating reimbursements as well as handling the purchasing of various commodities and services for the college community. The successful candidate should have strong attention to detail and communication skills. The selected individual should be able to communicate between departments and vendors in a timely fashion and become familiar with the State and RF purchasing guidelines. The selected candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi task.
In this position, you will perform a variety of duties to include:
- Serve as strategic partner to Department Administrator, chairs and faculty on advancing travel request and requesting procurement quotes. This includes maintaining, updating and correcting records and files.
- Purchase assigned commodities and services.
- Analyze data collected as needed to determine how to proceed with transactions.
- Assist central Procurement with obtaining proper documentation to remain in compliance with all procurement policies and procedures.
- Understand applicable policies, procedures, practices, state laws and regulations to promote culture of compliance and to guide faculty and staff for academic unit transactions.
- Ensure application of uniform processes, procedures, and documentation requirements for academic unit transactions.
- Contact various internal and external parties to obtain information.
- Prioritize workload and proactively manage expectations in relation to agreed deliverables, even when faced with competing priorities.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships across a wide stakeholder group.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
.University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree (Associates degree and 2 years of directly related experience would be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree)
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal and written, active listening and critical thinking.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse populations including faculty, senior leadership and staff.
- Possess a strong sense of accountability and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit good judgment.
- Experience with UB travel, reimbursement and procurement processes and systems such as ShopBlue, Concur, and eReq.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |