Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Tufts Dental Facilities for Persons with Special Needs (TDF) is a network of seven outpatient clinics that provides dental care to approximately 7,000 developmentally disabled patients in the state of Massachusetts under the umbrella of TUSDM and in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS). Additional patient treatment is provided in the operating room setting at four affiliated hospitals within the state. The TDF program also provides a venue for teaching General Practice Residents through the Tufts GPR Program and 4th year dental students from TUSDM.
What You'll Do
The dental assistant will assist general dentists and specialty dentists chairside. The individual will greet and escort patient. Individual will take radiographs as instructed by the provider. They individual will set up and break down operatories and clean operatory areas after each patient. In addition, the individual will be responsible for sterilization and maintaining equipment and materials in accordance with OSHA, federal and state guidelines. The individual will also be responsible for stocking all materials needed in the clinic on a daily basis.
In addition, the dental assistant will support the front desk operations. The individual will be able to schedule appointments, check in patients, collect and verify patient demographics, retrieve charts, document treatment plans and other tasks in support of office administration.
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Vocational/Technical training or Associate's degree.
- Certified in radiology.
- Experience with patient care.
- Ability to life 30 lbs.
- Certified in Dental Assisting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Warm and caring personality needed in dealing with patients.
- A team player and willing to participate in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Familiarity with clinical care, institution or university experience.
- Should demonstrate willingness to articulate creative and innovative ideas for improving daily clinical activities, and laboratory procedures.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.