Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
This is an Academic Year Position.
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate foodservice program on the Tufts University Medford-Somerville campus delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, faculty, staff and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team operates a progressive resident dining program for approximately 4000 students as well as responsive retail services and a distinctive university catering program serving the campus community totaling 5500 undergraduates, 1700 graduate students, and 2300 faculty, staff and administrators.
Residential Dining Centers are open 7 days a week. Working weekends and evenings will be expected.
What You'll Do
The Service Attendant will demonstrate outstanding service to Tufts Dining customers through mastery of a variety of general food service and hospitality related tasks.
- Will understand and be able to communicate the general operations of the unit and seek to assist and accommodate customers to promote a pleasant dining experience.
- Will have an understanding on customer trends and possess an in-depth understanding of the menu and service.
- Will consistently greet, welcome and interact with customers in a warm and friendly manner to promote an atmosphere of hospitality and familiarity.
- Will possess a proven ability to independently and accurately account for meal plan
transactions and cash transactions using the POS system as well as satisfactory interactions with customers and guests while working various stations as assigned, utilizing the POS system to account for a variety of customer transactions.
- Will be comfortable switching from working a POS system to serving customers and working at a food service station.
- Will be knowledgeable about the ingredients and preparation methods of the foods served, especially with regards to the presence of potential allergens.
- Will prepare, assemble and/or serve various foods and beverages in a professional manner.
- Will keep assigned food service stations and storage areas properly stocked. Will set-up
and maintain assigned food service stations throughout service period s and will assist elsewhere in the unit as customer demand requires.
- Will break-down , clean and sanitize food service stations according to established
procedures throughout the service periods.
- Will set-up and work all food service stations in the unit as required.
- They will assist the culinary staff with basic food service tasks such as carving meats, light cooking and food preparation, garnishing, and food and beverage preparation.
- Will assist with steaming, frying, reheating, grilling, garnishing, and food display.
- Will execute general cleaning tasks in accordance with accepted foodservice sanitation
standards that are assigned as part of the daily unit housekeeping and sanitation schedules.
- Will execute opening and closing procedures and all other assignments related to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Will provide table service and other related tasks for special events. Will be able to handle cash appropriately, count cash drawer, deposit in accordance with cash handling procedures, and operate the department POS system.
- Will receive and properly store all food, beverages and supplies in storage areas in a safe, orderly and timely manner.
- Will present a demonstrated mastery with minimal supervision. Will be able to multi-task during peak and off-peak periods to deliver the highest quality services and will be able to execute assigned tasks with significant independence.
- Will engage in job specific training and coaching of student workers. Must demonstrate the ability to work under periods of fast pace and high pressure.
- All employees are responsible for punching in and out in accordance with department
policy and standards.
- They must be given permission from a manager to punch in early or stay past their schedule "out time"
- All employees will adhere to posted schedule and all requests for time off will be granted based on business needs.
- In accordance with the CBA, schedules will be posted 14 days (excludes catering) in advance.
- Time off requests must follow proper procedure and will be approved/denied in accordance with department needs.
- No requests will be honored for Senior Week, Holidays, Alumni and Parents' Weekend, Commencement, Orientation, Matriculation, or Special Events during the Academic Year.
What We're Looking For
- 1 -3 years' experience in a high-volume retail environment as a server, sandwich maker, pizza maker, grill cook or in other dining services positions is required.
- Must be able to count money, make change, and operate POS systems.
- Must have 1 year of high-volume cashier experience and accountability for accurate cash handling.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, an interest in the comfort and welfare of others and must genuinely enjoy interacting with customers and peers to create a warm and pleasant dining environment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Should be flexible and willing to learn and execute various jobs as needed.
- Experience interacting with customers and guests in a positive manner.
- Must read, speak and understand English and have a working knowledge of basic food service math.
- A team player who is willing to be held accountable for the quality of products produced by others, for meeting tight deadlines, and for contributing to the success of the operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of kitchen sanitation and food safety practices and ability to enforce safe food handling guidelines.
- GED or high school diploma.
- Experience with a POS system and accurately counting down cash drawers.
- Experience training employees.
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Fundamentals of troubleshooting cash register basics.
- Basic job-related leadership to more junior staff members.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |