Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Nursing
Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Nursing
Main Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
The Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Nursing will provide organizational and administrative support of a confidential nature to the Office of the Dean. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Nursing, the Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant will act as liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills, exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups, and the ability to proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. The Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant is an integral part of a fast-paced and collaborative team of operations-related staff within the Dean's Office and across the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences, Office of the Dean. The Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for inquiries related to the Associate Dean of Nursing and will support both academic and individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and routine day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus; foster mutual respect; support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; practice and promote teamwork; perform independently; maintain confidentiality; adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain; and enhance professional/job competency.
Job title and job grade commiserate with experience.
Calendar & Meeting Coordination
- Coordinate both academic and individual calendars for the Associate Dean of Nursing using sound judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Associate Dean's priorities and needs;
- Proactively identify and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls for the Associate Dean as well as School of Nursing-wide faculty, staff, student meetings (as needed);
- Coordinate meeting logistics including location reservations, catering, and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas;
- Attend meetings and manage meeting minutes as requested by the Associate Dean of Nursing and/or Director of Operations.
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Support the needs of the Associate Dean, including but not limited to, purchasing supplies and travel expenses; processing of expense reports and credit card statements; verifying receipts; record and database maintenance requests; and complying with University budget policies;
- Prepare information and materials as needed for orders, programs, projects and other School of Nursing commitments, including faculty, visitor, and speaker, reimbursements, honorarium payments, and trainings;
- Coordinate School of Nursing events and related programs in collaboration with other Executive Assistants, Administrative Assistants, and Operations team;
- Provide administrative support for faculty searches, including scheduling and booking travel, as needed;
- Support the annual faculty review processes including tracking of deadlines, forms, signatures, and filing;
- Support other academic operational activities, including online Nursing student requests for documentation, verification, and references;
- Assist the Operations team with operational support, including the processing of contracts, and clearances needed for background checks/CORIs;
- Assist with other compliance-related activities as required by accrediting bodies, including tracking and filing of School of Nursing documentation;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support;
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Dean, Associate Dean, and/or Director of Operations;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Associate Dean of Nursing for internal and external constituencies;
- Maintain accurate contact lists and listservs in collaboration with Operations staff;
- Coordinate communications from Office of the Dean to internal and external constituents;
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely, professional and respectful manner, while making autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments to triage all types of inquiries;
- Responsible for sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email in collaboration with other Executive Assistants;
- May assist with drafting and/or proofreading emails, letters, reports, or other documents and correspondence as needed.
- Cross-training and providing coverage for other Executive Assistants within CNBHS;
- Assist with training of CNBHS Administrative Assistants and Operations staff, as needed;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Nursing and/or Operations Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Suites;
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite, including Google Calendar and Drive.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two to five years of professional experience; administrative or executive assistant experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with purchasing and booking travel is a plus;
- Prior experience in higher education administration a plus, but not required.
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This is a 40-hour/week non-exempt position with a Monday through Friday schedule. Potential evening or weekend time may be needed several times a year to support special events. Hybrid work arrangements will be considered.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Associate-Dean-of-Nursing_R08349
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |