If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To perform various technical accounting activities as assigned and provide assistance to other members of the Business Services team as required.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Assists staff, students and vendors with accounting related issues.
2) Works with sponsorship letters and purchase orders that are received via fax, interoffice, email or mail.
3) Prepares the employee voucher, exemption and waiver reports.
4) Promptly processes the employee vouchers.
5) Gathers data to develop, verify and edit various accounting reports.
6) Prepares, analyzes, and compiles worksheets, balances, and accounts.
7) Processes billings for sponsors, auxiliary accounts, and verifies sponsor agreements, waivers, and exemptions.
8) Researches banking or billing transactions for accuracy utilizing on-line resources to resolve discrepancies.
9) Performs reconciliation activities by monitoring accounts, preparing and processing journal entries to clear reconciling items.
10) Audits invoices for accuracy.
11) Serves as a liaison with vendors, internal and external business partners, and other stakeholders.
12) Researches inquiries about invoices, general ledger entries, or other matters.
13) Assists with audits and special projects as required.
14) Participates in closing the books on a monthly and annual basis.
15) Scans, e-files, and retrieves documents in the records management system.
16) May train other staff members and test accounting software.
17) Assists with Treasury-related tasks and provides cash position updates.
18) Processes transactions from various funding sources using file uploads into Colleague, Workday, and other repositories.
19) Coordinates and executes financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
20) Liaises with and responds to inquiries from business partners, customers, or other stakeholders.
21)Assist with the audit process by providing information and data as requested.
22) Performs other duties as assigned.
* General accounting processes, procedures, and standards.
* Spreadsheet software applications.
* Basic auditing processes and procedures.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Interacting with diverse stakeholders using effective interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Uses critical thinking skills to resolve problems and identify workable solutions.
* Flexibility to adapt to new deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* Use automated financial systems.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Business with accounting coursework.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$33,982 - $48,545
Reports to Manager or Supervisor
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.