Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Staff Attorney - IP and Contracts
Utah Valley University
Staff Attorney - IP and Contracts
: Staff - Part-Time (Variable Hour)
This position focuses on intellectual property, contracts drafting/review, and other transactional matters. This position will also assist with policy drafting/review, research and drafting projects, and other duties as assigned.
A Juris Doctorate from ABA-accredited law school is required. Must be licensed and in good standing in the State of Utah plus one (1) to three (3) years of substantial and progressively responsible legal experience practicing law.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated understanding of intellectual property matters (copyright, trademark, licensing, etc.).
- Knowledge of other transactional and business matters, including commercial and other contracts, and policy drafting/review.
- Knowledge of higher education laws are a plus.
- Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in areas of expertise.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of legal research as well as process requirements for administrative hearings and litigation.
- Demonstrated understanding of ethical issues in a university setting.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively, develop, and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of individuals, departments, and constituencies.
- Superior writing and research skills.
- Exceptional skill in drafting and editing contracts, policies, letters, memos, and legal documents.
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Intellectual acumen and flexibility to analyze, interpret, present, and write about complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Superior organization and coordinating skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Strong computer fluency skills, including the ability to conduct legal and other research.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to work efficiently and independently, as well as on a team, taking ownership in providing responsive, high quality, and professional legal services to university clients.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including scheduling and prioritizing work assignments; prioritize projects and issues; facilitate solutions and gain compromises without damaging relationships; lead by influence and consensus; represent institutional concerns persuasively to internal and external parties; and maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in addressing sensitive topics.
- All University attorneys are expected to work at the highest professional level with integrity, excellent judgment, attention to detail, discretion, and to demonstrate the highest personal and leadership characteristics of teamwork, inclusiveness, calmness, and adaptability to a broad range of issues, people, and situations.
Experience in intellectual property and transactional matters, preferably in a medium to large law firm and/or in an in-house corporate or higher education setting. Specific experience representing colleges or universities, and/or in public law issues, is desirable but not required.
Work is performed typically in an office environment
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
$23.60 - $27.00 per hour
STA185618 Office of General Counsel Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please include professional references in the reference section of the application.
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the review start date. This advertisement is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15193
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |