Position Description Summary
Outreach and Engagement Instructors/educators are professionals who conduct the division’s multitude of outreach and engagement activities with customers and partners across the region. This position will be primarily focused on instructional tasks – curriculum development, delivery of instruction, assessment and evaluation. Outreach and Engagement Instructors operate independently with minimal supervision and collaborate intentionally with colleagues across the division and across the university.
Education and Experience Required
A. Minimum educational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or educational field with a STEM focus required
B. Minimum experience requirements. Specify both type and length of experience required.
- Experience with STEM instructional delivery for post-secondary or secondary audiences, preferred two years.
- Professional presentations in a STEM/STEAM or educational field
- Experience creating high quality STEM/STEAM programming, curriculum, instruction and/or assessment. Preferred with a team.
- Experience in Making, gadgets, devices, tools, intricate crafts, etc
- Master’s degree in a STEM field or educational field with a STEM focus preferred
Teacher certification in a STEAM field, preferred