The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
The Execuitve Assistant supports the work of the Dean of The Fletcher School by carrying out complex executive administrative duties which include:
- assisting the dean is managing and prioritizing communications with internal and external constituencies in a fast paced highly dynamic environment;
- organizing and planning logistics of meetings, retreats and events;
- editing, proofreading, and composing correspondence and reports;
- participating in or leading assigned projects for the dean's office;
- and organizing and planning complex and worldwide travel arrangements.
The Executive Asisstant interacts with the front offices of senior team at university, and across high profile external stakeholders and partners.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Associate's degree or equivalent
- 5 years of related professional experience
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and data
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting a senior executive
- Familiarity with workflow management tools
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in university setting
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.