Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The IT Client Support Specialist is responsible for providing effective Tier 2 frontline client support and deskside assistance for Tufts faculty and staff using available technical tools, such as the knowledge base, remote management suite, and a service-management database.
Tufts has 3 main campuses: Medford/Somerville, Boston, and Grafton with clinics, hospitals and public, instructional, and computer and research labs in a multiple building setting, plus approximately a dozen remote sites. This position will be based at one of the main campuses and is an on campus position.
What We're Looking For
• The knowledge and skills that are typically acquired through a High School diploma and 3+ years of experience in the direct delivery of IT support and network services.
• Strong technical skills in the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows & macOS, Microsoft Office Suite, email and web clients, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, and imaging software and well as experience troubleshooting peripherals (printers, scanners) and handheld devices (mobile, tablets, PDAs).
• Proficient using remote desktop management tools, such as Ivanti/LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft SCCM/MECM, Microsoft Intune, JAMF Pro/Casper, or Bomgar, etc.
• Knowledge of desktop security and standards (security/networking).
• Knowledge of trouble ticket systems (e.g. Service Now, ZenDesk, Remedy)
• Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration.
• Experience with IMAP, LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies, data recovery tools, Microsoft Exchange, WINS, DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must in this dynamic customer facing role.
• Strong organizational and attention to detail skills are a vital part to the overall success of people in this position.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
• This position requires that the employee provide their own mobile device capable of sending and receiving business email, text/SMS and phone calls. The employee will receive a standard rate of partial reimbursement for this expense.
• MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT, ITIL or other industry standard certifications.
• Experience with IMAP, LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies, data recovery tools, Microsoft Exchange, backup strategies, WINS, DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
• Experience providing technical support and services to classroom and computer lab environments.
• Performing IT user administration and account management.
• Experience using remote desktop management tools, such as Ivanti/LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft SCCM, JAMF Pro/Casper, or Bomgar, etc.