Financial Aid Advisor
The Office of Financial Aid is seeking a Financial Aid Advisor that will serve as the primary contact for the university’s prospective and enrolled student population.
As a Financial Advisor, you will:
- analyze and interpret policies and procedures in order to establish student eligibility for financial aid
- make financial aid decisions based on information reported on the student application
- recommend financial programs within established laws and guidelines
- certify financial aid eligibility
- authorize financial aid awards for payment
- be accountable for ensuring compliance with federal regulations
- generate reports to verify and reconcile financial aid data
- advise students and parents regarding the management of the student’s personal finances
- develop and implement financial aid workshops and outreach programs for students and parents
- interact with other student service departments and other business offices to ensure that financial needs of students are being met and will make necessary referrals to other student service offices
- participate in financial aid events, including night and weekend events. Overnight travel may be required.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Master’s Degree and higher education Experience.