The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933, Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
This position of Research and Administrative Coordinator will support the Center for Strategic Studies and the principal investigators of the Center’s Afghanistan Assumptions Project (AAP) with directed research, notetaking, logistics, and operational support. This support will provide the foundation for the Center’s academic projects and enable the Center’s scholars to focus on critical analysis, integration, and conclusions of the events and policies under study.
- Conduct research to support the AAP’s publications and support its activities
- Draft correspondence and take notes at the AAP’s meetings, including with the expert steering committee, and specially formed working groups
- Provide logistical and operational support for the AAP’s events and activities, including interviews with key stakeholders and policy leaders
- Support media outreach to promote the AAP’s publications and key findings
- Manage the AAP’s contacts and support institutional memory
- Conduct weekly social media management in support of AAP and broader engagement by its parent organization, the Center for Strategic Studies
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired through a High school diploma and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a college degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Must successfully screen for the Stand Together Foundation’s Koch Associates Program
- Must possess excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- A graduate student or a recent graduate with degrees in relevant fields, including international relations, political science, or history
- Knowledge of Afghanistan, al Qaeda, counterterrorism, and/or related topics is a plus, but not required.
Minimum $26.40, Midpoint $31.40, Maximum $36.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.