The Gateway Banquet and Conference Center is a 28,000 square foot, multi-level facility located on the entrance to campus. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive program that enriches the educational process and meets the needs of the North Texas Community through the environment and opportunities provided. Gateway services include meeting rooms, outdoor spaces, and an extensive banquet facility.
This position is responsible for cleaning and sanitation work within the Coliseum and/or Gateway Center. This position also performs various physically demanding semi-skilled manual tasks necessary to prepare for public events, such as erecting stages, tables, chairs and operation of audio/visual equipment.
One year of general working experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
- Sufficient knowledge of proper use of equipment.
- Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 75 pounds in order to move/set-up tables, chairs and equipment.
- Ability to work overtime, based on event needs.