Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- A four-year degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of three years experience in project management in a business or academic environment
- Ability to be a creative and skilled problem solver to resolve complex issues and make decisions in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups across all levels, and ability to work under the pressure of deadlines in an environment of changing priorities
- Skilled communicator with customer service orientation, and persuasive ability to interact with all levels of university administrators and agency personnel
- Experience developing and maintaining informational websites to support projects
- Experience developing promotional materials for program enhancement.
Required License or Certification
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Director of Budget Services and Project Management, the Research Services Associate is responsible for assisting the administration and management of business processes to support student employment on sponsored projects and effectual spending of sponsored funds.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Office of Research Services and Project Management facilitates research development by supporting faculty, staff and students in developing and managing sponsored programs. The Office assists concept, proposal and budget development; identification of funding; team facilitation; and project spending by providing services, resources, training, liaison and advocacy.