Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300319
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Starting Salary Range is $52,159 -$59,984. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Advise new and continuing students in nursing, as well as an assigned caseload in other majors; assist students with career exploration, admissions, enrollment processes, financial aid, university transfer, and related academic concerns, both on the Baytown campus and service area sites, as assigned. Assist with technology access to related online information and form completion. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies, as needed. Provide student activities for all students that increase the total academic experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Academic Advisors advise prospective, new, returning, continuing, and/or high school students.
- Work with an assigned caseload of students.
- Assist students with career exploration, especially those without a declared major.
- Work as a team with all student affairs departments.
- Provide support for the Student Success and Advising Center; work the front desk and/or at the information desk, as needed.
- Assist with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on TAKS, THEA, Accuplacer, or other approved tests, as well as determine applicable exemptions.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
- Assist with the development of Pathways.
- Evaluation of unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration by teaching students online processes.
- Assist with resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
- Assist with financial aid application and process, as well as exit procedures required for loans.
- Conduct orientations and workshops throughout the academic year.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration stations.
When scheduled, Academic Advisors could also function onsite at service area high schools as a Lee College representative within the respective Consolidated Independent School District. The advisor will be responsible for assisting in the high school students' success and graduation efforts while fostering student awareness and aspirations toward Lee College and preparing students for admission to Lee College. Travel to service area high schools and community events will be required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- All registration times are considered peak times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Assignment will include the Baytown campus and service area sites, including, but not limited to, East Harris, Liberty, and Chambers Counties
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/4200405/academic-advisor
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |