University of Idaho
General Library (Div)
$15.63 per hour or higher depending on education or experience
The Student Coordinator oversees hiring, training, mentoring, scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of library student employees to meet the needs of Access Services, and embodies a proactive, user-focused approach to service. Reporting to the Circulation Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring consistent service standards, maintaining access to the physical collections, and developing and strengthening the workplace skills and interests of the library's student workers.
- Customer service experience
- Supervisory experience
- Technology experience
- Library experience
- Experience providing library services in an academic or university environment
- Experience working with diverse communities and experience in creating inclusive environments
- Experience managing or training individuals in a service environment
- Experience creating training materials and/or documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to varying daily responsibilities and prioritize work effectively
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move 35 pounds, climb up and down step stools, reach overhead to shelf materials, and work in a dusty environment.
Open Until Filled:
Please address all required and preferred qualifications in your letter of qualification. First consideration date is September 11, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.