Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Administrative Exempt Positions
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with guidance counselors and key educational organizations.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic regions. Emphasis on tertiary markets outside the Northeast.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Admissions programs and events for students and counselors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staffing TouchTomorrow event on an annual basis. Attendance and participation at all of the Admissions open house events.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Travel (5 to 6 weeks in the fall and 2 to 3 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes.
- Bachelors degree required.
- One to three years admissions experience in a professional capacity is desired.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid drivers license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet also as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5904