Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Coordinator, Asia Research Institute
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Asia Research Institute
at the University at Buffalo invites applications for the part-time position of Program Coordinator
. The primary role of the Program Coordinator will be to conduct short- and long-term planning for events, including academic conferences and lectures, student academic and cultural events, and community-facing cultural programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning events, including developing event budgets, creating event staffing plans, and making supporting arrangements
- On-site event implementation, including troubleshooting problems
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with participants, cosponsors, vendors and university support units
- Creating and disseminating promotional materials
- Supporting event business administration, including securing permits, processing reimbursements and preparing expense reports.
UB’s Asia Research Institute (ARI)
is a multidisciplinary hub and collaborative space for research and education about Asia and its diasporic communities. Housed within the Office of International Education, ARI
aims to establish UB’s prominence on cutting-edge research and important contemporary issues in Asia and Asian diaspora, provide regional and national leadership on Asia-related research, and further strengthen UB’s international partnerships. ARI
provides enriching research and experiential learning opportunities about Asia for students and engages with the university as well as local communities—in particular, Asian American and Asian heritage communities—through educational and cultural programming to promote a diverse and inclusive environment.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a small team of colleagues, with representative of other campus units, and with members of the community.
- An ability to establish and manage competing priorities, and to effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities to student staff.
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new skills and processes, enthusiasm for engaging people from other cultural backgrounds, and an ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to highly diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to work non-standard (evening and weekend) hours
- Knowledge of one or more Asian cultures gained through education, overseas or other cross-cultural experiences, or family heritage.
- Experience with InDesign or similar graphic design software.
- Knowledge of University at Buffalo procedures and regulations that apply to position duties.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |