Sr. Accounting Clerk (Reg FT)
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Reg FT)
: Office of College Services
This position is the timekeeper for the Office of College Services.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
SEIU E - $18.38
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Performs advanced clerical and accounting support functions which include verifying, and documenting the school financial and payroll transactions. Exhibits proficiency in technical area as assigned.
Must be able to perform mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately, operate office machines; maintain financial files and records; prepare financial reports and statements; understand and carry out oral and written directions; meet with the public tactfully and courteously and answer questions over the counter and by telephone; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Education and Experience:
An associate's degree in accounting and one year of related experience or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education. Must be able to type at a rate of 30 WPM.
Must be able to type 30 WPM. Must be familiar with methods, practices, and terminology used in bookkeeping, accounting, and financial record keeping; modern office methods and practices; operation of personal computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheet tools. Requires proficiency in use of College office software.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable:
Must be able to type 30 wpm for a two hour interval without interruption; able to sit without a break for up to three hours.
Secondary Duties (If applicable):
- Performs complex and analytical clerical accounting duties in one of the following areas: Benefits, Budgets, Bursar, Business Office, Student Accounts.
- Prepares forms, reports, records, and correspondence; receives and responds to related mail, phone calls and other inquiries; maintains contacts and reconciles discrepancies with external parties.
- Assists with reconciling accounts; posts, balances and codes data; prepares related records, logs and reports.
- Occasionally participates in hiring, training, and coordinating the work of part-time, work-study,temporary or newly hired/transferred personnel.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of temporary, work-study, part-time, or newly hired/transferred personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
May develop spreadsheets and databases to store and analyze data.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr
, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=305&site=3