The UB Center for Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences (CIGBS)
is currently seeking to add a Research Support Specialist
to our team to support our bioanalysis laboratory work. This position is an outstanding opportunity for individuals to foster valuable laboratory skills in the realm of clinical research trials including drug assay development and implementation/use using liquid chromatography in tandem with triple quadrupole mass spectrometry and other detection equipment.Job Duties:
Ideally, candidates for this position will have the skills, training, and cognitive aptitude to technically support general laboratory activities. Job duties may include the following:
- Use, monitor, and maintain laboratory equipment in support of laboratory research. Prepare, qualify, and maintain reagents for laboratory developed tests
- Provide support for laboratory resource inventories and associated records including program associated record and receiving shipments of clinical study samples as well as maintaining inventory and integrity of these samples
- Assist in external accreditation and vendor audits of the laboratory
- Contribute to technical reports and other laboratory reports, and documents as needed; complete according to timeline(s) and deadline(s).
- Complete annual training and continuing education as required by the institution, sponsor, and laboratory policies
The UB Center for Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences (CIGBS), headquartered in the UB Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences (CBLS), conducts innovative research and fosters international collaborations in new areas of drug development. In addition, UB CIGBS has held a highly regarded NIH contract for global pharmacology laboratory quality assurance that has recently been renewed through 2029.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.