Facilities Services Supervisor – Third Shift
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Facilities Services Supervisor position within the Facilities Management Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the direction of the Facilities Services Director, the Facilities Services Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the work activities and supervision of Building Service Workers and student employees as hired by the Facilities Department. The supervisor establishes daily priorities based on operational needs and communicates any necessary adjustment with the team. The supervisor also ensures that the established standards of cleanliness are maintained through routine quality assessments.
This position works Tuesday through Saturday, 10:30 PM to 7:30 AM with a one hour lunch break. The shift begins Monday night at 10:30 PM; the days off for this position begin at 7:30 AM on Saturday.
1. Collaborate with the Director of Facilities Services to coordinate cleaning activities and custodial project work. Provide updates (verbal and written reports) as requested. Communicate daily with other supervisors to coordinate shift-cleaning activities, project work, and event set-ups. Detailed daily communication on the completion statuses are needed during shift transitions.
2. Establishes daily priorities based on business needs and available workforce and communicates adjustments to the team. Communicates with Building Service Workers daily (rounding) to determine their performance, quality of work, productivity and supply needs.
3. Responsible for meeting departmental staffing objectives by orienting, training, demonstrating, and coaching. Document and provide progressive, corrective action to employees when needed. Approve/deny Paid Leave Time (PLT) requests and ensures accuracy of payroll timekeeping.
4. Ensure customer service requests and event set-ups are completed in a prompt, accurate and professional manner. Utilize appropriate software documentation for event and work order systems. Assist with major University events such as graduations, move in, holiday parties, President’s dinner, alumni weekend, homecoming, etc.
5. Use appropriate documentation and arrange for an appropriate supply of cleaning materials or other necessary items to support the proper performance of our team. Monitor custodial equipment inventory and evaluate it for proper cleanliness and working condition.
6. Complete documented quality assurance inspection reports on each assigned Building Service Worker supervised on a quarterly basis or as needed in response to a concern of quality work and productivity.
7. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent (e.g., GED)
Five years or more of experience supervising a custodial/cleaning team.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Experience supervising unionized employees
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer