The Department of Academic Affairs at the School of Dental Medicine
is seeking an Academic Media Specialist
. As a part of our Instructional Resource Center, this position provides assistance to faculty, staff and students in developing a wide array of educational materials and media related projects. The incumbent will also help faculty integrate media for educational purposes as well as provide support for instructional design and delivery.
This position will assist with and perform the following duties:
• Work with the Academic Services Department to improve and develop digital and instructional media content for the School of Dental Medicine.
• Develop and produce multi-media content, graphics, and video for educational use.
• Provide instructional tech. support for faculty, staff and students
• Support the School’s large format printing needs. (Research posters, signage, etc…)
• Support website maintenance, including developing online content, editing and implementation of university-driven website development initiatives.
• Develop and monitor the School’s social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc…
• Support consistency and development of the School’s visual identity and alignment Develop content for commercial advertising, digital, and print media.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required in support of School events.
• Perform other duties as required.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1 to 3 years of communications experience in an academic environment.
- Strong writing, editing and research skills, including writing experience across a range of platforms (web copy, social media)
- Knowledge in CMS systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, IMovie and Acrobat and Examsoft
- Experience with online learning environments (i.e. UBLearns, Brightspace)
- Familiar with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook,Twitter, YouTube)