Training Coordinator, PeopleSoft HCM System (4163U) - 2762 - 2762
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community,
and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 26, 2019
Central Human Resources is valued as UC Berkeley's proactive people partner while utilizing the following HR Strategies:
- Bring clarity and efficiency to HR processes and structures through cross-team collaboration and transparent communication.
- Use development opportunities beyond training to create deeper engagement, higher trust and better performance.
- Apply Berkeley brand to developing a shared enterprise contributor mindset among all employees.
- Applies professional training and development skills to resolve and address a wide range of training issues and needs assessments.
- Conducts needs analysis and evaluates effectiveness of training programs.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for delivering training and development programs.
- Manage training database and schedule Labs for users to use training database.
- Support improving teaching and learning outcomes.
- Schedule in-person training classes with Business Analysts from The Human Capital Management system (UCPath) Operations team and Train-the-Trainers on campus, includes working Berkeley's learning management system (LMS) and that support team; updating class completions in LMS as needed.
- Develop new training programs and courses in response to campus' training needs around the Human Capital Management system (UCPath).
- Make updates to centrally created training slides and/or Job Aids as system changes are made (working with Business Analysts as needed).
- Make updates to training slides decks and job aids created internally - updating as needed and as processes change.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel.
- Coordinate training updates with UC systemwide team and be point of contact for Human Capital Management system (UCPath) training at Berkeley campus.
- Answer questions about training materials and training completion from transactional users (HR, payroll, funding, etc), and triage questions they do not know answers to.
- Works in a collaborative manner with others in a diverse environment and at all levels in the organization to prioritize work assignments, conduct analysis and develop recommendations.
- May assume responsibility for specific training programs and initiatives.
- Support the Human Capital Management system (UCPath) Operations team with administrative activities related to the team.
- Understanding of how software system changes may impact training and/or other areas.
- Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all subject matter experts or business owners to update training materials and related processes.
- General understanding of current training programs and trends.
- Strong skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new training courses to meet organizational needs.
- Thorough knowledge and skills with relevant business software systems; i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Captivate (or similar), Learning Management tool.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week, contract position, with an end date.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2762&PostingSeq=1